Welcome to the website of the International Federation for Information Processing‘s Technical Committee 9 on ICT and Society.
The IFIP Technical Committee 9 (TC9) on ICT and Society comprises representatives of the National Computer Societies of IFIP and the Chairs of a number of Working Groups (WGs).
The main work of TC9 is conducted through its working groups, which organise workshops, conferences and events regularly. Additionally, TC9 organises collectively the series of conferences Human Choice and Computers (HCC). This is a well established forum for the study of ICT and Society – the first HCC conference took place in Vienna in 1974, while the last one took place in Poznan, Poland in 2018.
Our Working Groups focus on a range of contemporary issues:
- WG9.1 Computers and Work
- WG9.2 Social Accountability and Computing
- WG9.3 Intelligent Communities
- WG9.4 The Implications of Information and Digital Technologies for Development
- WG9.5 Our Digital Lives
- WG9.6 Information Technology Mis-use and the Law
- WG9.7 History of Computing
- WG9.8 Gender, Diversity and ICT
- WG9.9 ICT and Sustainable Development
- WG9.10 ICT Uses in Peace and War